Europe’s largest outdoor health, fitness and wellness festival — has today (07.03.23) announced that it is welcoming back festival favourite Joe Wicks MBE, alongside further headliners, including broadcaster, outdoors enthusiast and food creator Roz Purcell, bestselling cookery writer and chef Rachel Allen, Australian yoga and mobility expert Shona Vertue and personal trainer and influencer Maeve Madden for this year’s event.
Commenting on her upcoming appearance at WellFest 2023, Roz Purcell said: “I am delighted to be part of WellFest 2023! It is always such a fun weekend, with so many different talks and classes to pick from, great food and atmosphere.
“I love being there as a presenter but also as a WellFester — getting to enjoy everything that’s on offer, too! I always come away feeling extremely motivated, with bags full of snacks and goodies! The Hike Life (THL) will have a pop-up shop on site for WellFesters to come, shop and learn about THL community. I will also be hosting a hiking-specific panel for anyone looking to get into hiking.”
Now in its eighth year, WellFest attracted almost 10,000 attendees last year, and welcomes people at all stages on their fitness and wellness journeys. Some highlights from this year’s line-up include:
- Fitness and Instagram superstar Joe Wicks MBE, aka The Body Coach, will present a workout on the Main Stage, as well as delivering a talk in the WellTalk area.
- The WellFood area will feature top cooking talent, including: cookery writer and TV chef Rachel Allen, influencer and chef Trisha Lewis, cookbook authors and Currabinny duo William Murray and James Kavanagh, and Sunday Times bestselling author, BBC presenter and host of the number one rated podcast, The Doctor’s Kitchen, Dr Rupy Aujla.
- Roz Purcell will curate and host a The Hike Life panel, discussing benefits of the outdoor lifestyle and top tips for embracing a hiking lifestyle. The Hike Life store will also be at WellFest featuring hiking and lifestyle products, created by Roz Purcell.
- Meditation expert Michael James Wong, the founder of Just Breathe, a global mindfulness collective, will guide collective mindfulness sessions from the WellMind area. Also returning to the WellMind area are performance psychologist Gerry Hussey and wellness and nutritional coach Miriam Hussey. The WellMind area will alsofeature ‘Resilience and Grit’ sessions facilitated by influencer and disability rights activist Paddy Smyth and Conor Buckley from Human Collective over the weekend.
- Top fitness coaches will be leading the charge with workouts over the course of the weekend, including: one of London’s top personal trainers Faisal Abdalla, fitness coach and lifestyle influencer Niamh Cullen, and personal trainer Maeve Madden will return for a second year with her popular Queens Don’t Quit stage for the full weekend.
- Yoga fans will have the chance to join sessions with renowned yoga instructors from Ireland and further afield including Jonelle Lewis — a yoga teacher and mentor who teaches yoga as an anti-oppression and social justice practice, as well other popular yogis Shona Vertue, Maura Rath and Chris Magee.
- Returning for the second year in a row is ‘Experience by Reformation’ — a creative space to explore, learn, play and be curious. This area is an eclectic mix of experiences and interactive talks focusing on soothing your soul, freeing your mind, finding your edge and liberating your spirit.
More than 150 health and wellness experts will appear over the weekend, presenting masterclasses in fitness, Pilates, yoga, mindfulness, healthy food and more, across 15 areasand in different themed areas across the festival site. The family-friendly event will also feature a ‘WellKids’ area for children, which will include yoga, animal movement, Zumba, face painting and other activities.
Commenting on the launch of WellFest 2023, Helena Ryan, co-owner of WellFest, said: “The line-up details announced today show how there really is something for everyone who comes along to WellFest, no matter whether you’re already a health and wellness fan, or if you’re at the start of your fitness journey. It’s great to be able to bring the top talent from the health, fitness and wellness industries – not just from Ireland, but from around the world. This all contributes towards an incredible energy at the festival.”
New Look for 2023
WellFest organisers also revealed an updated look for the festival, with new branding designed to encapsulate that wellness has no shape, age or gender. WellFest is a festival for all; it has a strong community built on the principle of coming together and inspiring everyone to achieve their best.
The new branding follows the announcement late last year that experience and entertainment company FUEL had come on board as a new co-owner of WellFest. Commenting on the line-up announcement today, Brian McDermott, Director of FUEL, said:
“WellFest is a really exciting festival for anyone with an interest in any aspect of wellness – whether that’s a HIIT workout class, a chilled yoga session, practising mindfulness, or enjoying great food – we aim to have something for everyone. With some new innovative elements coming to the festival this year, and the stellar names included on the line-up, we’re confident that this will be our best year yet!”
Weekend tickets for WellFest are on sale now for €85 + booking fee and day tickets are available for €60 + booking fee. Children aged 12 and under are free, with two children aged 12 and under allowed per ticket. Further information on the full line-up and tickets is available at www.wellfest.ie.